Search This Blog

Friday, December 3, 2010

Fashion goes frugal!!

Lanvin for H&M


  Some of my favorite designers are grand couturiers whose most beautiful pieces are just not accessible for me and most of us, because of the prices.  I adore Badgley Mischka, Vera Wang, Chanel, Valentino, Jean Paul Gaultier, Alexander McQueen and many others.  I've always dreamed of being able to live the high life and wear their pieces on my skin, daily.  I envision myself looking fab and feeling fierce while hopping out of the car with my driver and assistant in tow.  I'm most confident that it will all come to pass and is in the works, just not sure of the details but the universe has that covered!

  Lots of top designers have realized that not all of their admirers shop in Bergdorfs or fly private, so they've began to create more affordable lines.    Second lines are big business with the potential to earn big bucks.  Not only do they open the door for revenue from the average consumer but they can also be a path that introduces new consumers to a designer's couture brand.

  "Bridge" lines (what they're technically called) arent a new idea in fashion at all.  They've been around in stores for a looooong time but in most cases, were nowhere near as desireable as the originals.  Thank god times have changed and great for us, designers have stepped their "bridge"game up big time!!!



Simply Vera; Vera Wang (exclusively at Kohl's)






  Top designer bridge lines:

~ 1. Simply Vera; Vera Wang for Kohls

~ 2. Norma Kamali for Walmart

~ 3. Lanvin for H&M

~ 4. MICHAEL by Micheal Kors (available at Macys)

~ 5. Lela Rose and Christian Siriano for Payless

~ 6. DKNY; Donna Karan

~ 8. I Heart Ronson for JC Penney

3 comments:

  1. Christian Siriano's line at Payless and SendtheTrend.com are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've loved him since his Project Runway days and am over the moon he's designing for the every day woman!

    Thanks for stopping by Veronica...your comment is appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe, designers took into consideration that everyday ppl, would love to wear their clothng! I think going frugal is a great business move on their part! I love Christian's Fashion sense,He is a Great designer!!

    ReplyDelete